About Howard G Davies & AssociatesHoward Davies has worked in the fitness industry for over 40 years and has very wide experience in the design and operation of fitness equipment, plus the development of International Safety Standards for fitness both in the UK, Europe and USA. These include the EN957 & ISO 20957 safety standards for the design of fitness equipment and more recently assisted in the development of ‘inclusive fitness’ design standards for the Inclusive Fitness Initiative (IFI) in the UK and US standards organisation (ASTM) in the USA.
He has extensive experience as a technical expert dealing with both defendant and claimant personal accident and product liability claims and is a member of the Institute of Expert Witnesses (IEW). He specialises in indoor gym equipment/training and can provide independent professional advice to assist in the resolution of disputes resulting from gym accidents or injuries.
A former UK Olympic athlete and Loughborough PE graduate, he has first-hand experience of fitness training. He has also coached and provided educational seminars for a wide variety of fitness markets including Local Authorities, Educational Establishments and Sports clubs to Military, Police and Fire services.
He has a successful track record in product development, plus experience of sales and marketing, having worked with leading International and UK commercial fitness equipment manufacturers. He has helped develop many new markets such as those listed above, including specialist products for inclusion and disability, fire services and military.
He is currently an advisor to or member of:
- CEN - European Standards Safety Committee - UK Principal Expert – EN957/EN ISO20957
- Member of Institute of Expert Witnesses. (IEW) – Expert Witness Specialists in PE Sport & Exercise.
- British Standards Institution (BSI) Chairman - Technical Committee – Stationary Training Equipment
- BSI – Member Technical Committee – Fitness Club - Operational Standards
- Inclusive Fitness Initiative(IFI) - Associate Consultant
- Member - United States Standards Committee (ASTM)
- UK Active Health and Safety Committee - Adviser on standards compliance and associated legal matters.
- Member – UK Forum of Exercise Equipment Suppliers (FEES)